Tuesday, June 7, 2011

C4T #1

C4T Comment 1 on Jo Fothergill's Blog

        Jo Fothergill spoke about the Wellington Educamp in her latest post on her Blog .  She described the function as a fun event that consisted of many conversations.  She explained how she was amazed at how some students had great abilities in Scratch.  She was also inspired by one high school teacher's technique of making a blog about Shakespeare.  I left Jo Fothergill a comment asking her about what Scratch was and told her I was glad she had enjoyed the camp.  Jo Fothergill responded to my comment just a few hours later and told me that Scratch was, "a type of programming language that works a bit like lego blocks."  She also sent me a link to website that was all about Scratch.  Click here to go to the website she sent me.

C4T Comment 2 on Jo Fothergill's Blog

       The second comment I posted to Jo Fothergill's blog was on her post about "Life in Room 12."  She shared three videos in this post.  The first one was about Rohi the bird (a stuffed animal) who travels around New Zealand taking pictures with schoolchildren.  I thought this was a very clever, useful idea to get kids interested in other parts of their country.  They feel special when they take a picture with Rohi and then see him in an entirely different area of New Zealand.  An interesting idea might be to use this same idea, but make it at the global level.  What better way to get students interested in the world than this?  Jo Fothergill's second video showed all the technology devices in use around her classrooms, from iPod Touches to laptops it seems her classroom has access to loads of technology.  I was very glad to see her last video which showed her students reading books, drawing and creating art, having special guests in their classroom, and going outdoors.  It is not all about technology to her and I am glad for that.  My comment on Jo Fothergill's blog talked about her videos and how I enjoyed each of them and why (as I explained in the summary above).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elizabeth,

    This is good work but it should all be under C4T#1. Your C4T#1 (teacher #1) is Jo Fothergill. Common misunderstanding and simple to correct!

    Jacey-Blaire

    ReplyDelete